Vizio’s 50-inch LED TVs has been given some gorgeous upgrades for 2014. The price is one of those key features as well. The Vizio E500i-B1 offers full-array LED backlighting replacing the edge-lit array we have experienced in the past years. For the first time Vizio Internet Apps plus is added in the E series.
Picture and Viewing Features
The Vizio E500i-B1 is of 50 inch features 16 zones whereas the 48 inch has only 6. The divisions become less visible to a watchful eye if there are more zones. The full-array LED backlighting attains much better whites and deeper blacks in compared to earlier versions of the E series. Colors are clear due to backlighting scheme. The Vizio E500i-B1 has 120Hz refresh rate along with a 180 Clear Action Rate backlight scanning feature which improves judder and motion shadow.
In terms of picture depth and color The Vizio E500i-B1 surely doesn’t compete with a plasma display, but it’s a obvious winner when it comes to the issue of picture quality and screen space for the price. In darker scenes it is noticed that Vizio E500i-B1 can find a bit flat and blacks can seem to have a mist over them.
Black levels wind up being somewhat flexible thanks to the Black Detail feature in the Advanced Picture Settings menu. It allows a much needed contrast boost that gives the picture a additional three dimensional quality.
Side Angle Viewing of Vizio E500i-B1 is better than expectation especially with the Black Detail setting on high. However, there is contrast reduction starts at around 20 degrees off center, but becomes pronounced at 30.
Vizio E500i-B1 Features
- Full HD 1080p
- Diagonal Screen Measurement: 50.0″
- Full Array LED Backlit
- 16 Zones of Active LED Dimming
- Speaker output: 8W x 2
- 802.11n wifi built in
- 10mm thin bezel for frameless appearance
- 4 HDMI, 1 USB inputs
- With Stand: 44.10”W x 27.46”H x 8.64”D
- Without Stand: 44.10”W x 25.69”H x 2.48”D
Picture Modes and Calibration
Choosing the best picture mode for the Vizio E500i-B1 is awfully significant and Vizio offers some strong options like Standard (energy saving mode), Calibrated Dark, Calibrated, Game, Computer, and Vivid. Among these options The calibrated and calibrated dark modes might be the best choices. Calibrated mode offers the dark shadow detail and full backlight which give the picture some punch needed and this will perhaps be the choice mode for maximum situations.
The Optimum Power Control (OPC) control is much hidden in the menu of the E-series Vizio TV, but it can and should be switched off due to the disturbing influx and outflow of light/brightness shaped by the backlight
Vizio Internet Apps Plus
The Vizio E500i offers the Vizio Internet Apps Plus platform incorporated. The built-in wifi permits to access HD content streaming. Some of these helpful apps are Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, Pandora, MGO, Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, and Facebook.
Appearance and Design
Upgraded Features in appearance of Vizio E500i-B1 is quite notable.
The bezels are 10mm thin which is slimmer than the previous versions of Vizio. These aren’t nearly as large as they have been in the previous years. It is an average appearance value LED TV.
- + The entire package is incredibly lightweight
- + The Black Detail feature boosts black saturation and increases contrast
- + The many variety picture modes all have their strong suits
- + Very thin bezles than previous E-series models
- + Calibration acquires the best out of this value display
- + The speakers are very loud
- + Vivid and very clear picture, especially with native 1080P content.
- + WiFi and Ethernet connectivity.
- + Nearly borderless.
- + 3 HDMI connections along with a whole host of analog connections.
- + Digital audio out (optical).
- – when the TV is off a clicking noise can be heard from the fan
- – when the TV is on High pitch hum created from the display
- – Aspect ratio concerns with standard def programming could not be appropriately addressed
- – Side angle viewing isn’t so good compared with other LED TVs
In Conclusion, Though Vizio E500i-B1 has some weakness it may be a good choice for you. AS it has extra ordinary Black Detail, thin bezles, 120Hz refresh rate, 180 Clear Action Rate, WiFi and Ethernet connectivity and provides very loud and clear Sound. Now, aren’t you going to get one?