The Samsung Galaxy S5 offers plenty of new features and advances. But most of the features are like Samsung Galaxy S4 features. Then why should you buy Samsung Galaxy S5 though you have Samsung Galaxy S4. Go through the discussion and convince yourself to buy S5.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a little larger at 5.59″ x 2.85″ x 0.32″ and its weight is about 5.11 oz compared to the S4 at 5.38″ x 2.75″ x 0.31″ and weight is 4.59 oz. The S5 is of lightweight and feels comfortable in any hand, I hope so.
Among new features S5’s IP67 certification is notable. IP67 certified means that the S5 has total guard against dust and have strength to survive being underwater for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1m. With the purpose of protecting against water the S5 has a little plastic plug to coat the charging jack situated on the bottom of the phone
The Samsung Galaxy S5 screen is 5.1″ and it is slightly larger than the 5.0″ screen of S4. The resolution of S5 remains 1080 x 1920 pixels and the pixel density is somewhat less at 432 ppi. The screen does look remarkably better than the S4’s screen but has better contrast, richer colors, whiter whites, and blacker blacks than that of iPad 3 .Recently a test held and they declared that S5 screen is 22% brighter than the S4 screen and 13% brighter screen than the Note 3.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Features
- Screen: 5.1″ Full HD
- Processor: Exyon Quad Core; 1.9GHz,1.3GHz
- Rear Camera: 16 MP with LED Flash
- Internal Memory: 16GB
- Size (LWH): 2.85 inches, 0.32 inches, 5.6 inches
- Weight: 5.12 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 1200 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 696 hour
- Product Dimensions: 2.8 x 0.3 x 5.6 inches ;
The S5 has a 16MP rear camera which was 13MP in the S4. The front camera remains the same at 2.1MP as it is in S4. The AF is faster with the S5 because of its hybrid use of phase detection along with contrast detection AF. The Samsung Galaxy S5 is the first camera on a Smartphone to use phase detection AF, which is normally found in DSLR cameras.
At 16MP the S5’s resolution is 2988×5312 where as The iPhone 5s’s resolution is 2448×3264. Furthermore, The S5’s images are at a 16:9 ratio where as iPhone 5’s ratio is 4:3.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will shoot 4K videos with a resolution of 3840×2160 compared to 1080P videos with the S4. The Videos look great with S5.
The S5 offers the new Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 801 chip. S5 features with a quad core, 2500mHz processor which is faster than the quad core, 1900mHz processor of the S4. The Samsung Galaxy S5’s memory remains the same at 2GB.
The S5 allows up to a 128GB micro SD card which is double of the 64GB of the S4.
BATTERY & CHARGING:
The Samsung Galaxy S5 offers a 2800mAh battery that is larger than the 2600mAh battery of the S4. The S5 has good battery life ratings. The S5 talk time is at 21 hours whilst the standby time is 16.2 days. The S5’s battery life is considerably better than iPhone 5S
In compare to USB 2.0 of the S4, The S5 transferring of files speedier as it offers USB 3.0 connectivity. It also features wireless AC.
Another notable feature of the S5 is its finger scanner to unlock your phone. With the Samsung S5 you can assign different fingers to do different tasks, like left pointer finger to make PayPal payment. The Samsung S5 allows you to register 3 fingerprints while the iPhone 5S allows 5.
- Incredible screen
- IP 67 certified. Protection against dust and water resistance up to 1m.
- According to drop tests the Samsung Galaxy S5 is more durable than S4 and iPhone 5s.
- Professional Photo type for screen that calibrates it according to Adobe RGB standards.
- Uses a hybrid between phase detection and contrast detection for accurate and speedy AF.
- Shoots 4K videos.
- Very fast processor.
- 10.85GB of free storage space on new 16GB phone.
- permits storage expansion up to 128GB through microSD card slot.
- Heart rate sensor which is easy to use and appears to be accurate.
- 4-5x faster than wireless N.
- Has a plastic back instead of more durable aluminum body like the HTC One M8.
- Design of fingerprint scanner requires using both hands unlike iPhone 5s that can be unlocked with one hand.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a wonderful phone having the larger 5.1″ screen, fantastic looking, having more vibrant colors, better contrast, whiter whites, blacker blacks. Fast performance facilities, figure scan facilities. In some features it defeats Samsung Galaxy S4 even iPhone 5S. Then shouldn’t you try Samsung Galaxy S5?