The LG 42LB5600 is a LG 42 inch LED TV, is in the same family of LG Televisions LG 50LB5900 which is an excellent TV in all respect. There are a few number of adjustments specification wise while comparing the pair together. The only major dissimilarity is the size and suited to those people who don’t have the space or want for a 50 Inch TV. Both LG LED TVs were released around the same time during early June of 2014 but the LG 50LB5900 LED TV doesn’t offer LG’s award winning online as well as streaming content, same can be said for LG 42LB5600 LED TV so something to take note if you are seeking for this quality, however this should no way keep you away from the LG’s can offer you in terms of style as well as picture quality.
LG 42LB5600 LED TV Features:
- Ref Display Type: Direct Lit LED
- Display Size: 42 Inch
- Resolution: 1080p
- Native Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Power Supply: 60Hz, Motion Clarity Index 120
- Smart Functionality: No
- Inputs: 2 HDMI, 1 USB, 1 Component, 1 Composite (Shared), 1 Digital Audio Out
- Dimensions (without stand): 37.8″ x 22.3″ x 2.19″
- Dimensions (with stand): 37.8″ x 24″ x 8.6
- Weight (without stand): 20.3 lbs.
- Weight (with stand): 20.9 lbs.
- Wall Mount Compatibility: VESA 400 x 400 (What is VESA?)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
On the first look both LG Televisions’ are identical, the stylist stands are the same together with the slim profile in addition to edge to edge screen. The gun metal border simple works with 100 times better than the generic black which the Best LED TVs in this price range seem to offer. You really can tell for a moment and thought has enrolled the overall design. Now the pattern distinction goes in the form of that the LG 42LB5600 LED TV only offers 60hz in comparison to the LG 50LB5900 LED TV’s 120hz. Let me tell you the truth that this is not very obvious on a screen of this large size. If you go for game and view sports and both look completely wonderful, I assume if you really look for judder, blur or lag you may notice it in places however general viewing you really will not notice anything. I believe people can get overwhelm with the whole refresh rate on LED TV’s and of course it is makes a distinction on a LED TV that’s 60 Inches and refresh rate of 60hz and then yes you could see judder as well as blur.
The overall picture quality is outstanding and can be all set up to the faultless setting by means of the internal picture calibrater. Although the LG LED TV offers a picture that perfect beyond the box with a few negligible colour along with contrast tweaks. The overall color range is admirable with good black as well as white levels it really needs to seen in action to congratulate. As for connectivity the LG 42LB5600 LED TV offers two HDMI and two USB ports, which is abundant for most users. Now the USB ports don’t support movies excluding mp3 files and jpegs not accurately a main concern other than worth a mention all the same. I do like the energy saving which all LG releases have currently and according to the LG Official website the feature offers a $9 saving a year, it doesn’t sound a good deal but the moneys better in your pocket moreover helps you to do your bit for the environment at once.
- Uses LED backlighting that has wider color gamut, greater dynamic contrast and lower energy consumption than the CCFL backlit displays used by all Best LCD TVs.
- 120Hz refresh rate reduces motion blur during fast motion scenes.
- Appropriate for gaming with the game mode setting enabled.
- 1080p resolution offers High quality image.
- Moderately thin profile at 2.19 inches.
- Does not offer any Smart TV features or any 3D capability.
- Insignificant variations of color, contrast, as well as vividness may occur depending on viewing angle as a result of the nature of LCD/LED displays.
- 2 HDMI Ports may be restrictive for some users
- A low lit room is suggested because of the reflective display.
Overall the LG 42LB5600 LED TV offers a lot for the low price which is ideal for those who wish for an hassle free LED TV that looks stylish and offers a slim profile. I personally believe that 42 Inch LG Televisions are in that perfect sweet spot however that is all down to personal liking. The LG 50LB5900 is 50 Inches which is around $150 more and the only real difference is that this LG 52 Inches LED TV offers a more cinema experience because of the screen size. Although some don’t have the space for a such a sized TV and then the LG 42LB5600 LED TV is a perfect alternative.